1. Weng MS*, Liao CH, Yu SY, Lin JK. 2011. Garcinol promotes neurogenesis in rat cortical progenitor cells through the duration of extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling. J Agric Food Chem. 59: 1031-40. (*Corresponding Author)
2. Weng MS, Ho CT, Ho YS, Lin JK. 2007. Theanaphthoquinone inhibits EGF-induced fatty acid synthase expression in human breast cancer cells through suppressing the EGFR/ErbB-2/PI 3-kinase/Akt/SREBP-1-dependent pathway. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 218: 107-118.
3. Weng MS, Liao CH, Chen CN, Wu CL, Lin JK. 2007. Propolin H from Taiwanese propolis inhibits growth, and induces G1 arrest through p53-dependent and p53-independent inducing p21Waf1/Cip1 expression in human lung carcinoma cells. J Agric Food Chem. 55: 5289-5298.
4. Uen YH, Liu DZ, Weng MS, Ho YS, Lin SY. 2007. NF-kappa B pathway is involved in griseofulvin-induced G2/M arrest and apoptosis in HL-60 cells. J Cell Biochem. 101: 1165-1175.
5. Chen KH, Weng MS, Lin JK. 2007. Tangeretin suppresses IL-1β-induced cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 expression through inhibition of p38 MAPK, JNK, and AKT activation in human lung carcinoma cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 73: 215-227.
6.Chiang CT, Weng MS, Lin-Shiau SY, Kuo KL, Tsai YJ, Lin JK. 2006. Pu-erh tea suppresses fatty acid synthases expression in the human hepatoma HepG2 cells and the rat livers through down-regulating Akt and JNK signalings. Oncol Res. 16: 119-28.
7. Kuo KL, Weng MS, Chiang CT, Tsai YJ, Lin-Shiau SY, Lin JK. 2005. Comparative studies on the hypolipidemic and growth suppressive effects of oolong, black, pu-erh, and green tea leaves in rats. J Agric Food Chem. 53: 480-489. (Co-first author)
8.Weng MS, Ho YS, Lin JK. 2005. Chrysin induces G1 phase cell cycle arrest in C6 glioma cells through inducing p21Waf1/Cip1 expression: Involvement of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. Biochem. Pharmacol. 69: 1815-1827.
9.Chen CN, Weng MS, Wu CL, Lin JK. 2004. Comparison of radical scavenging activity, cytotoxic effects and apoptosis induction in human melanoma cells by Taiwanese propolis from different sources. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 1: 175-185.
1.Weng MS, and Lin JK. Theanaphthoquinone inhibits EGF-induced fatty acid synthase expression in human breast cancer cells through suppressing the EGFR/ErbB-2/PI 3-kinase/Akt/SREBP-1-dependent pathway. The 21th Joint Annual Conference of Medical Sciences, April 10-11, 2004, Taipei.
2.Weng MS, and Lin JK. Induction of G1 phase growth arrest in C6 rat glioma cells by chrysin through down-regulating CDK2 and CDK4 activities and up-regulating CDK inhibitor p21Waf1/Cip1. The 19th Joint Annual Conference of Medical Sciences, April 10-11, 2004, Taipei. (Outstanding poster award)
1. Lin JK and Weng MS. Flavonoids as nutraceuticals. In: The Science of Flavonoids. Edited by E Grotewold. Springer, 2006, Chapter 8, p213-238.